Monday, November 8, 2010

While you're up..

could you bring me a can of soda, please? And on your way to the pantry, the light is still on in the hallway, could you turn that off?

It comes in handy every once in a while, to have multiple people in the household. There's always someone walking around the house. Being a parent, you race around all day, trying to please your family and do whatever you can to make them feel welcome. So yes, children helping out every now and then is the appropriate thing to do. Their legs are younger and fitter than ours and they are bored anyway. It'll give them something to do.

I'm trying to teach the whippets to get me things. So far, it's not really been a success. Inthe is good at playing fetch, but she only wants to fetch her toys, not what you want. Rebba.. well.. I'm not even mentioning her in this story..

When I drive my youngest daughter to boarding school on Monday mornings, we see this man (sometimes a woman) walk a German Shepherd. The dog always carries either the newspaper or a bag of bread. It's wonderful to see them go by. I can't believe our whippets would ever do that. That's far beyond what they believe they were designed for: sleeping.

Urgh.. somebody? Anybody needing anything from the kitchen? Really? Okay, you can bring me a cup of tea, I wouldn't mind. Thanks.

No comments: