Thursday, December 2, 2010

I cooked my heart out

My first series of cooking classes for diabetics (does that sound like cooking class for dummies or what??) has come to an end. I missed the last class since we were in Holland at the time.
Today, the sequel will start. I'm so looking forward to it. We're going to cook a bit more exotic and exciting now. It won't be more difficult, but definitely more challenging. I hope my peers will show up. Don't let the snow keep them from attending class.

On TV, there are so many cooking shows that I like to watch. And yesterday a new channel by the name of NJAM went online. It sounds promising! I know.. it'll be another addiction to watch those programmes. Oh well, my family will benefit from it. They will never be able to say my cooking is boring or predictable. I don't get it when people say they have no clue what to cook. I have so many recipes I want to try out, that there aren't enough mealtimes in one day to prepare all of them.. Sometimes I cook 4 meals at the same time. I should have had a larger family!

On Monday, I spent some time with my mother-in-law. We cooked together and that was great fun. We made Osso Bucco, meatballs, meatloaf and a Chinese noodle dish with mushrooms and ginger. She loves to watch me cook and she's always excited when I bring her food. But this time, she helped out cooking and it was a very relaxing and fun activity. It was a good moment to talk things over and have some private time with her. She's a doll and I love her to pieces! I'm lucky to have a fantastic mother-in-law.

No comments: