Thursday, February 10, 2011

Plunged in thought

Lana made this picture and it made me very proud of her. She has such a good eye for photography. The subjects she picks are very personal. Sometimes I can't even guess what item she took a picture off but it is nevertheless a wonderful shot.
I really love the portraits she makes. They are special and they each have their own story. There are many titles to describe her pictures and some just don't need a description.

Just the other day, a friend told me about the exposition of the Belgian top photographer Lieve Blancquaert. What a great idea! Yesterday, I decided to take Lana to the exposition and make it a day out. She's absolutely passionate about her hobby. That's why we bought her some extra lenses for the Canon. She takes real good care of the camera and uses the lenses (macro, close-up,..) the best way possible.

Having had the opportunity to admire the work of Lieve Blancquaert will give her so many ideas for future pictures. She will without any doubt study Lieve's book on the exposition and while wandering around the exposition, I could tell Lana was plunged in thought.. I'm sure she loved the portraits. I'm longing to see more of her.. Her as in Lieve and her as in Lana..

Photo by Lana Joos


No comments: