Monday, June 13, 2011

The way I see it

It must have been around my diabetes diagnosis - I had my 9th diaversary yesterday - that I started to wear glasses. I can't remember the actual date, but I remember it was related to diabetes. I've had 3 pairs of glasses by now and I didn't really mind wearing them. But lately they've started to bother me. So I consulted Dr Google and I bought my first contact lenses.

What a pain to put those little soft pieces of rubberlike material into your eyes. Shoot! I had no idea it was going to be so much hassle. I can't say it was painful, but it's no big joke either. The lens kept sticking to my finger, my eyes were all wet and itchy and I'm not the most patient person in the world. Hubby and Lana tried to help out, but that didn't work either. I decided I had to do it myself!

On the Internet, I found a video on how to put in soft lenses. I watched it several times before I gave it another go. What a nuisance! The reviews on the Net also said that it can take over an hour the first time.. great.. But hey! About 18 minutes later, my lenses had reached their exact destination and I came back to the world of the sighted! Awesome! Let's hope things will go a bit smoother the upcoming days.

No comments: