Monday, September 19, 2011

Ola supermercado!

I love to shop for groceries. I know that many people find that a chore, but to me it's a party! There are several supermarkets I frequent and I know where I need to be to get certain specialties. I don't mind if that means I have to drive to Holland to get a certain brand of soda or a small jar of summer truffle. It's worth the ride.

I'm always on the lookout for new ingredients or products I have not used before. Roaming around the store is like the best time to come up with new recipes. It's so inspirational! I prefer to go all by myself, so I can take my time and nobody gets annoyed if it takes me 20 min to pick up different products from the shelf.

Coming home and sorting out my groceries, requires some organization. Most of the time, the dogs can't wait to come help me and see if I brought them any goodies or a new toy (okay, that does happen, but the children reprimand me for that). I prefer them not to be around, so I can sort things out and make sure everything goes where it belongs. There's a foreign food space in my pantry and I just love to add new items to that section. I remember that red curry paste, that was so hot I had to rinse my food under the tap before I could eat it. New product, new experience, huh!

Cooking doesn't have to be boring. In fact, you don't need to make a dish twice in a whole month. Maybe it's time to make some more monthly menus? Good idea! Let's get started!

No comments: