Friday, October 7, 2011

Put your best foot forward

I'm a little nervous... Today the 4th symposium of the BVVDE (Beroepsvereniging Vlaamse Verpleegkundigen Diabetes-Educatoren) is taking place in Orsmaal. It's a huge event and I have been invited as a speaker. In the afternoon, I will tell my diabetes life story for a room full of professionals. It's not that I have not spoken in public before, but this is somehow a little different. I'm used to gathering with the diabetes experts I call my friends, but for the first time I'm going to tell my story to professional diabetes educators. I understand it's a unique chance to let the professionals know how important they are in our diabetes treatment.

I feel honored. My diabetes nurse has asked me to step forward and do this testimonial. It means she has faith in me. I'm so lucky to have her as my professional nurse. She has become a good friend in a very short time. She's so much more than my nurse. I do understand that not all diabetes nurses can become friends with their patients, but it's always an advantage if they get to know the person behind the diabetes. We're so much more than a chronic disease. And that's exactly what I would like to talk about today.

Cross your fingers for me, okay? Let's hope I won't have a low blood sugar during my speech...

6 comments:

Upje said...

Succes! Je gaat dat ongetwijfeld formidabel doen ... :)

Anonymous said...

en, hoe was het?

www.kokenenhogehakken.blogspot.be said...

Bedankt! Het is super gegaan. Ben eigenlijk wel fier op mezelf :-)

Upje said...

Hou dat gevoel nog maar wat vast :)

Jangeox said...

You're the best :)

www.kokenenhogehakken.blogspot.be said...

hahahaha grapjas! maar 't is lief gezegd.