Saturday, October 29, 2011

You can't please everyone

There is this thing that makes us people want to please everyone. There comes a time when you have to come to the realization that it's not possible to do so. People are different and they all come with different demands and wishes. There's a lot one can do, but there are limits. At least, it's necessary to set boundaries before it ruins you.

Setting boundaries.. not easy, at least not for me. I don't know how you cope with setting limits, but I have a hard time doing so. I'm a people pleaser. There's this song: oh sir, they are so nice.. But it's not realistic. You can't be sweet and nice at all times. And that's okay. You don't have to be nice all the time to be loved..

There were times when I would have done whatever I could to make people like me. I didn't like it when people were upset. It upset me in return to see someone hurt. I have now come to the obvious conclusion that trying to please people at all times, is not the answer. In fact, it's no good at all. Life isn't about perfection. It's not about wanting things your way all the time. Sometimes people get disappointed and sometimes they wanted things differently. Too bad.. Life goes on. I feel you get more appreciation by saying no every now and then. It's okay to say no and it's okay to be less nice at times. I'm still the same person and I still deserve respect and love. If only you would understand..

3 comments:

Upje said...

Ik ben trots op je.
x

www.kokenenhogehakken.blogspot.be said...

je leert me veel. Dit is er eentje van.

Anonymous said...

Goed geschreven, heel juist.