Sunday, February 12, 2012

The test of time

Every time when I look in the mirror, all these lines on my face getting clearer. The past is gone. It went by, like dusk to dawn. Isn't that the way? Everybody's got the dues in life to pay..

I always said I didn't mind getting older. I had no grey hairs to dye, no wrinkles to treat. Times have changed. The sign of the times has started to show. I'm no longer a young woman. Not that I feel old, on the contrary. I feel young and vibrant, but my body is starting to discuss with the heart and the mind. I feel 40, for the first time in my life. But then again: what's wrong with being the age you are? It would be worse if I would feel 50 at the age of 40, right? I always claimed I was not going to grow older than 50. Meaning that I have a pitiful 10 more years to enjoy. That would be very sad, since I love to live. Maybe I should broaden my boundaries and go for 60? On the other hand, 60 isn't that old either. Hmhmh.. it's getting difficult here. Good enough we don't have to decide on how long we will be on this planet. It's not up to us at all. There are no certainties in life, besides being born and leaving this world. When that is going to happen, is one big question. I'm not even close, that I know. So I'm going to enjoy every minute of it. I want to live, I want to feel alive. Even at the age of 40, we're entitled to some fun. It's okay to feel young and bubbly. I'm not ready to give that enthusiasm up that easily, despite the test of time..

No comments: