Friday, May 11, 2012

I had the time of my life

That's what you said when you came home around midnight. Your eyes were sparkling and you were all excited about your night out with your best friend. I still can't believe we let you go to Brussels, to see your favorite band Bombay Bicycle Club at the Botanique. Just 15 years old, on a week night, in Brussels, two young girls... The two of you, dressed up to the nines, took the train to Central Station - Brussels. It freaked me out just thinking about it. But I must try to let go and give you the chance to grow up. I still find it very young though but you did a great job at convincing your daddy to get permission for this night out. You are a smart girl..

I'm glad you made it to the concert and you truly enjoyed it. It will be a night to remember. I was comforted by the fact that your dad picked you and your friend up after work, so you didn't have to roam around town to get back to the railway station at night. I can imagine the bubbly conversations in the car on the way home..

No comments: