Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Trying to get my balance back

Ever felt like you've been hit by a truck?

We have had a terrific day, geocaching and babbling all along. Our friend had kept our destination to himself until we had reached the meeting point. I had no idea where we were going to, but to my surprise, it was in my own neighborhood. It didn't come as a surprise that many people were of the same opinion this sunshiny day was the best day to go out for a walk. Comme d'habitude, both whippets accompanied us. One of my friends noticed a huge lump on Inthes hind leg. Right away it scared me.. I had not seen that lump before. It made her walk funny but it didn't seem to bother her. She had no problem with me touching the ugly lump on her knee, but I didn't like it one bit. That swelling needed to be checked out by a veterinarian to determine what it was. Since it didn't discomfort her, we decided to go ahead with the walk. I planned on making a phonecall to the vet the very next day.

Yes, the walk was quite muddy and adventurous. I was so happy with my hiking boots. High heels would not have done the trick. I'll keep those for cooking festive meals and going out for dinner. We had to find 11 caches, so there was some work to be done. I still don't get the game (caches, stashes, way points???) and no, I can't read nor understand coordinates or solve the most difficult puzzles. But that's okay, that's where the men came in handy. They did great at finding the caches. Never knew people could look at a tree or a bridge with so much interest and patience. I give up way too soon, I guess. I did find two treasures though!!! Okay okay, those were the easy ones and maybe my friends gave me a lead on purpose, pretending they had not seen the hidden container. They are real gentlemen for that manner..

Although signs asked us to keep the dogs on the leash, we set them free most part of the walk. They had a ball! Racing around the fields, daring the other to run for a contest, they ran like only whippets can run: like headhunters. As an arrow from a bow, they jumped over ditches, slipped through mud pools or chased their tennis ball. No cows were safe from the barking of our dogs. They must have felt like some desert lions I guess. They were pooped by the end of the day. We stopped our walk around 9:30 PM (neither one of the men wanted to give up - they just had to find that bonus cach - I guess one of them will come back to find it) and the sun was going down. Time to go and grab a bite..

The dogs were ready to take a shower when we came home late that night. They enjoyed the hot water and they did not protest one bit. Rebba had a big bruise on her chest and some cuts from running into barb wire, but they seemed content and happy..
This girl had huge blisters and a bruised ego because she couldn't find any difficult cach, but she was content as well.. Time for a good night's rest.

BG for the day: 290 - 272 - 199 - 105 - 110 - 185 - 90 - 99 - 118. Between that 185 and 90, I had a low, but no time to measure: I desperately needed that sugar boost..

No comments: