Monday, July 9, 2012

Be who you wanna be

My yesterday post was there for a reason. I didn't always feel like loving myself for who I was. Because for a long time, I didn't like the person I saw in the mirror. That person made me sad and disappointed. It was not the person I wanted to see and I couldn't embrace that image. It's hard, you know, if you are no longer able to love yourself. It's like you have become someone else and you are not able to find the other you. Sometimes you have to let go of images you had of yourself. Because we all age and we all change. But this image was not an image I wanted to have of me. I didn't long for the person I was years before. I just wanted to be happy with who I was and that had been too long.

Now, 2 years later, I can say that I no longer avoid mirrors. I'm outgoing again and I don't fear fitting rooms any more. Now it feels okay to rub my body with lotion. It's no longer scary to undress and see myself naked. There are signs of the time, but those signs don't bother me any more. I know where I come from and I know what I've been through to be where I am now. It's been a struggle and it wasn't easy, but I don't regret having done what I've done. It's comforting to feel good about myself. I'm not perfect, but that was never my goal. I wanted to be the best person I could be. And I'm getting there.. I'm getting there.

1 comment:

samantha said...

You are perfect to me!
love you xxx