Friday, February 22, 2013

My heart skips a beat

It seems like yesterday, when I gave birth to this beautiful little girl. All tiny and pure, she came into this world and stole our hearts right away. She turned 16 today. When I looked at her this morning, I saw a pretty young lady, preparing herself to go to school and celebrate her birthday with her friends. I saw bright stars in her eyes and the straight shoulders reassured me that she has truly become an independent, outgoing girl. She is loved by her friends and now there is this special young man who is giving her the goosebumps she has been longing for. I hugged her so much this morning and had a hard time to let go of her childhood. It felt good to hold her close to my heart and kiss her rosy cheeks. I'm proud of my little girl. She's doing real well..
Happy Sweet 16, honeybun.. We love you with all our heart.

No comments: