Thursday, May 30, 2013

I'm on board

When you asked me to join you to cooking class, I didn't hesitate one moment. I love cooking classes! There are always new things to learn and when you explained this class was vegetarian, I wanted to go. The teacher has a history of knowledge on cooking macrobiotic meals and she is more than willing to share that information with us. I'm not much of a meat eater, but I'm no vegetarian either. I like my vegetables, don't get me wrong, but I'm not really familiar with the vegetarian diet. So I packed my notebook and I was very anxious to learn more about it.

My sister-in-law has been working for this company in vegetarian produce and she's a fan of the diet. I know she has a lot of knowledge to share as well. So yes, I'm happy she asked me to join her. I have eaten things I had never tasted before. Some I liked, some were a real turn off, but I'm open to tasting anything. I'm a little hesitant to bring the produce into our home, since my husband is a meat eater. He would not replace his meat by substitutes. I don't look at it that way. I don't want to replace anything. I see vegetarian food as a bonus to my dishes. It's good to bring some variation into your diet, so you get to absorb all the vitamins one could possibly need.

Looking forward to the next class. I'll see you in a bit.

No comments: