Sunday, June 30, 2013

Got my feet up

What do you do on nights if you don't want to watch TV or surf the Internet? You could have a romantic dinner with your loved one or go to the movies or go for a walk with your spouse or the dogs or even both. But maybe you're all alone and there's nobody around to talk to or to hang out with? Then what do you do? You could relax on the couch in pajamas all day or pamper yourself in bath or treat yourself to a well deserved massage in a beauty parlor...

Or maybe you could just entertain yourself playing games. I remember this newspaper, ages ago - I was only a kid back then, that had this one special page with games. The thing about this one game I particularly liked, was that you had to read and investigate the whole newspaper, to find 7 little mice. They were drawn and hidden well. You had to focus and use your index to search every text in order to find the mice. I loved that game! I no longer read paper newspapers, I scroll down the pages on the online papers. It is quite nostalgic though, thinking about those lovely games back then.

Do you remember Waldo? Did you ever try to locate him? We had a couple of books on Waldo, where every double page would be full of little people and Waldo would be hidden somewhere in that mixture. Sometimes the game would irritate me for not being able to track him down. I'm not the most patient person, remember? I would like to go back to those games some day. No Internet, no TV, just games. And I'm not talking video games here...

No comments: