Tuesday, May 19, 2009

I remember you

It's been quite a long time, since we last saw one another. It's good to hear that you are doing real well. You are married to a beautiful lady. You have a son and a daughter and another baby is on the way. You haven't changed that much, looking at your pictures. It seems like yesterday..

We met on the ski slope in New Hampshire. We got acquainted and you were a pretty cool guy. You were fun to hang out with and we had a blast whenever we went out together. I got to meet your family and I still have my scrap books from back then. Strange, how things have evolved.

You were in the air force. I had to go back to Belgium, without you. But I came to your graduation in Texas. This long distance relation ship was doomed to end.. You lived over there. I would have done anything to come back to the States, but I never managed to do so..

I met my husband. His uniform looked a lot like yours. Because he was in the air force too. Different country, different army, but still the air force. And I had a deja vu. 

I'm happy now. I have a fine family. I'm sure you would like them and you and my husband could talk about the army together. 

I'm forwarding you the ring you once gave me. It belonged to your mother. I hope one day, your little girl will find the right man for her and she will wear the ring. 

You will always be special to me, because we had a great time together and you were a wonderful man. I'm happy for you, that you got married and raised your own family. I'm proud of you and I wish you all the best..


No comments: