Wednesday, August 5, 2009

The blue pearl

Don't you just love blueberries? They are my most favorite fruit ever! I had tons of blueberries when I was living in the States and ever since, I'm truly hooked on this wonderful blue pearl. I have tried to grow my own, but so far, I haven't seen a single berry on the shrub...
Every once in a while, I find cheap blueberries and then I buy heaps and freeze them in ziploc bags. You can eat them without defrosting. It's like having an ice cream, only healthier. I love to eat them as they are, but they also do very well in yogurt (Greek yogurt is divine) or on cheese cake. Arrrghhh...just thinking of it makes me wanna have some..!
Blueberries are full of vitamins and they contain 14 gr of carbs per 100 gr. So you can eat a lot without your sugar level spiking. It's such a shame that they are so expensive over here. My youngest daughter has the same expensive taste as her mom: exotic fruits and berries are much more interesting than apples or pears. But hey, I rather have them snack on expensive fruit than on store bought cookies that are loaded with fat and excess sugar! Not?


No comments: