Tuesday, August 4, 2009

School uniforms

Our youngest daughter is going to attend a very good boarding school in Bruges, Belgium. She's so looking forward to it! Even to the school uniform. I think she will look handsome in her navy blue uniform (that we still haven't bought yet, because the shop was closed when we went to Bruges..). She needs navy blue pants (so difficult to find!), white polo shirts with a thin blue stripe (uniform), grey blouses (uniform), navy blue sweaters (check), a navy blue coat (check) and shoes (white - navy blue - black). It reminds me of the book Mathilda by Roald Dahl, one of my favorite writers of children's books. I wonder who Eva's new friends will be. Will she share a room with another girl or will she get a single bedroom? Will she be homesick a lot or will she have the time of her life?
The first and second graders have no access to the Internet or TV. Eva says that won't be a problem for her, since she will have many friends to do activities with. Every Monday evening, they will run in group. On Wednesdays, they will have indoor sports like climbing, ball games, dancing,.. And of course, there will be plenty of time to study! She will become such a clever girl!

2 comments:

Upje said...

And she will HATE navy blue afterwards, I can tell you. I had a uniform too, and I still don't want to wear that color. I graduated in 2000, but I think it will never go away ... ;)

www.kokenenhogehakken.blogspot.be said...

I told her you said so.. she says she will probably hate the color blue after one week. But so far, she's still okay with it.