Saturday, August 29, 2009

Sweet dreams

I was struggling in my sleep. I was too hot, my sheets were already thrown off the bed. I kept on hearing this voice of my eldest daughter: mommy, mommy, mommy, wake up! I had no idea where she were and I tried to locate her. I saw her fade away and then come closer again: mommy, mommy, mommy, wake up!

All of a sudden, I woke up, because I actually thought I really heard my daughter. But she wasn't in the room. A beep-beep came from underneath me. I was laying on my insulin pump and it was giving me an alarm: insulin reservoir low.. That's why I heard my daughter call me in my sleep. She tried to warn me, because I didn't hear the beep.

I believe in dreams. Many of my dreams warn me or tell me something about me or my relatives/friends. Not many dreams are scary, but if they involve my diabetes, I have to be cautious. Nightmares come when my sugar level is way too low. Those nightmares wake me up and when I test my glucose levels, there was a reason for the awakening.


No comments: