Tuesday, November 10, 2009

I could use some company

As I have told you before, I work as a personal assistant for a disabled lady in a manual wheel chair. She has Cerebral Palsy, a medical condition she got because of a doctor's fault during delivery. She can do pretty much everything all by herself, but she needs company once in a while, to help her out with things she can't do. People ask me what I do on a daily basis in my job as an assistant. I'll tell you about today.

We had a short briefing this morning, about what had to be done today. After putting the trash can outside, I took Mrs. A to the doctor and to the pharmacist. We sat down for lunch together and then we went for a walk (I push her wheel chair), did some shopping together and then took the car to get some groceries as well. Her boyfriend is over at her place this week. Then she likes to have home cooked meals. I made way too much food on demand today: oven baked meatloaf, baked meatballs, cooked meatballs in tomato sauce, mashed potatoes, creamy tomato soup,.. I'm sure they will enjoy their meals the next couple of days. We didn't get to hoovering the house, nor did we do the paperwork that was required. I'll be back on Thursday, to do some more personal assisting.


No comments: