Saturday, March 27, 2010

Squabbling

It is pretty common for teenagers to squabble about the littlest details. It may be about their allowance, bed time, curfews, clothes. There's always something to nag about. I bet we did the same thing many many years ago. Because that's just what makes teenagers teenagers. They like to be rebellious and they can't wait to say black when you mean white. But that's okay. I have no problems with that. Now it is their time to find out who they are and what they want in life. They'd better be a rebel now, then when they have a household of their own, so I'm not going to keep them from being true adolescents..

It's just that the squabbling gets on my nerves every now and then. It's good to hear though, that even our girls think they are crossing the line at a certain point. They do know when to stop, but sometimes, it's stronger than themselves and they blur it out anyway. So I forgive them. I don't hold it against them for months and months in a row. I get over it pretty fast and so do they. After all, we all make mistakes, don't we?


No comments: