Tuesday, July 27, 2010

A battle in patience

I've never been the most patience person ever. When I think of something, I want it to happen as soon as possible. That's not always possible or realistic. Over the years, situations have taught me to be more patient. I think that was a real U-turn for me!

For the last year, my patience has really been tested and guess what: I was frustrated quite some times, but I survived the stress of being impatient. Patience is a good virtue and I'm getting better at it. My new motto is: if I can't fix it today, there's no use stressing about it. Patience is the best remedy. We'll cross the bridge when we reach it.

For the next two years, I will need an extra portion of patience. I promised myself not to get on the scale on a daily basis. That would be too frustrating. Once a week, no more. I'm startled to see that it's actually working.

No comments: