Sunday, February 6, 2011

Curry in a hurry

Photo by Lana Joos
That's so not what I'm going to cook today. We have invited my favorite relatives for lunch and I have been looking forward to that. Hubby is lucky his family lives nearby, so we get to see them all the time. My relatives live a bit further off and we don't meet up that often. But we keep in touch and we call and sometimes I hop in my car to go see them.

So they are coming over today! I have been cooking and baking and making preparations for two days and I believe I'm ready for them to come. Since one of them is a diabetic too, it definitely altered my menu. I always try to cook healthy - low fat, low carb and low sugar - but you do try to make an extra effort, right?

Our children are so happy to see Auntie and Uncle! They love to cuddle them and prank some jokes. Auntie is the godmother of our oldest daughter. They have a special bond. My mother-in-law is Eva's godmother and they have that same special bond. They are lucky girls!

I'd better make those whole wheat bread rolls now, so I can pop them in the oven when they get here!

No comments: