Monday, January 30, 2012

Pleased to meet you

I often wonder how people get to meet one another. Over the years, I have met so many people but I keep forgetting how we met. I try to focus, but sometimes I really can't figure it out. Who addressed who, what lines did we use to introduce ourselves? How long after that first meeting did we meet again? The years go by and I forget. Memories build up and some fade away. Some friendships get more intense while others extinguish slowly as candles. Do you ever know in advance if an encounter will turn into a deep friendship? I'm glad we don't know. We wouldn't do our best to get to know the other person if we knew in advance the friendship wouldn't last. I honestly don't believe all friendships have to remain as intense. Even less intense friendships can be worth maintaining. You don't have to see each other every week to be good friends. I nurture my friends. Pleased to meet you. When will I see you again?