Monday, April 30, 2012

Difficult to work with

I've been in and out of jobs for most of my career. Not one job I regret and every job gave me another insight in working with both men and women of all different kinds of backgrounds. Some jobs gave me colleagues, while on other jobs, I had to work very closely with my employer and no co-workers. I like to do both. Personal contact is important to me, but at the same time tricky, since you can become so close it becomes difficult to draw the line between employer and friend.

Talking with my sister-in-law about jobs and colleagues, she noticed how wonderful it is to work with men only. No jealousy on the job, no arguments, no non-sense. The men working with her, are happy with her presence and they welcome the alternations she brings. She's a happy employer and her boss is pleased to have her.

It made me think things over. What's a good employer? Or employee? How can one improve himself so you are easier to work with? When is it time to draw the line between work and home? Do you tell personal things or do you prefer to keeps things to yourself? Can your employer call you at home on your days off? Interesting.. Those are not things you would write down on your CV, but still it is important on the job.

No comments: