Tuesday, June 30, 2009

School's out for summer!

This is the moment the children have longed for: the last day of school!!!! With mixed feelings, they look back on the year they spent with their friends. Things will change. The youngest will attend a totally new school, in a new town. The eldest will remain in the same school, but she will change subjects and classes. Meaning she will have new classmates and new teachers.

Mixed feelings, because they will miss school (although I'm sure they will deny that as hard as they can!) on one hand, but on the other hand, they are glad school is out. Two months to relax, to chill with their friends, to have fun, go to the pool, have sleep-overs, hang out, get bored, and in the end, long for the new school year.

Our youngest daughter is already planning for the next school year. She has bought several items to brighten up her boarding room in school. She's so looking forward to meeting new friends, new teachers and the system of high school. I can totally understand her, going back in time. There I was, a 6th grader, getting ready to go to high school in a different town. For the first time in my life, taking the train to go to school, having some private time with friends in school, new classes, new everything. I always enjoyed school time and I never looked forward to summer vacation. I got bored instantly, without my friends and school and the things I liked to do.

I'm looking forward to spending two months with the girls. We will have fun, definitely. Their daddy will have 5 weeks off as well. Sounds like a plan to me!

No comments: