Thursday, January 26, 2012

I got a hangover

Can't remember when I had my last hangover. I'm not much of a drinker. You could call me a social drinker. Over lunch/dinner with friends, I like to have a glass or two of Chardonnay. No more, just one or two glasses. That's even more than I can handle. I like the taste of Chardonnay. I don't drink beer, I don't drink liquor. I don't like the taste and I don't like the control you loose once your body is intoxicated. So alcohol is not the best option for me to enjoy a good time. I look around me and see how people enjoy their beers and shots of liquor, but it can't charm me. What is more fun than having good conversations and plenty of smiles? No need for alcohol to have a good time...

There are people around me who have a lifetime warning when it comes to drinking. They have a problem with alcohol. It's dangerous for them to drink and they decided to give up on alcohol for life. I don't have that intention, since it's not really a problem for me. But I do admire their decision and I'm glad they found another way to cope with things in life. It made them better people. We all benefit from their sobriety. They are no longer obnoxious or over emotional. They cope better with problems and they don't sleep in late after a terrible hangover, because the only hangover they have, is a big grin on their face from having a good time without alcohol..

No comments: